usb keyboard

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:09:26 UTC 2010

On 30 September 2010 09:21, Thufir Hawat <hawat.thufir at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking at:
>
> Rosewill RK-200
> http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201009
>
> as well as, of course:
>
> Ubuntu Documentation > Community Documentation > InstallUSBKeyboard
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallUSBKeyboard
>
> are some keyboards "nice" or "nicer" than others with Linux?  Or, is it
> more a matter of the BIOS?

Meh. A keyboard is a keyboard. All modern ones are horrid, soft & spongy.

If you want a *real* keyboard, buy an IBM Model M or a modern version thereof.

I have 6 of them & I treasure them. They are the best PC keyboards
ever made, in my not-at-all-humble opinion. Noisy but the feel is
unparalleled and they never give me any issues with RSI or anything.

Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_M_keyboard

Buy:
http://www.clickykeyboards.com/
http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/

For those who hate the noise of the IBM clicky, the next-best thing is
allegedly the Apple Extended II ADB board. (I have 2 or 3 of those,
too. As it happens, including one German layout, if anyone wants
it...) The layout is the Mac layout, though.

They are not made any more, but allegedly the best modern equivalent
is the Matias Tactile Pro.

Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Extended_Keyboard

Buy:
http://www.matias.ca/tactilepro/

When you consider how much you use a keyboard and how it is the
primary way of getting information into a computer, I think it is
worth having a good one rather than a cheap one, even if it costs
rather more.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com