How to set icecat as default browser when clicking links in thunderbird

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Wed Sep 29 11:56:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:39:30AM +0000, user1 wrote:
> I am using lucid.
>
> I want to use icecat as the default browser when clicking on links in
> thunderbird.
>
> I have installed icecat to use instead of firefox, but each time I click
> on a link in thunderbird it opens in firefox (I have tried:
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Setting_Your_Default_Browser#Linux)

Can you be more specific? Which part of the instructions have you tried? Even
the part - "Setting the browser that opens in Thunderbird - Linux", and it still
doesn't work?

There is one more option:

$ sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

Don't know whether that makes any difference, though.

--
Jaska