problem with samba on Ubuntu 10.04

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Wed Sep 29 11:53:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, September 28, 2010 13:09, Michael Kadzioch wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I used samba-server for many years and it works fine.
> But now i upgraded my server to 10.04.
>
> Now it works nothing!!!
>
> All my shares are still on the machine. All my users are still on there
> too. But i can't connect from a smb-client (windows or Linux).
>
> I can see all my shares in the network, but if i want enter a share, i
> have no permission. It looks like the samba server loss all my passwords
> of all users.
>
> I even try new passwords and new users (with smbpasswd), but nothing
> works!
>
> Can someone help me?

Michael,

I will try to ignore all the noise about the beautiful act of sexual
intercourse, be it for procreational or recreational purpose. I'll just
try to help you, CONTRARY TO WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE TOPIC HAS DONE.
(yes that was meant as shouting).

Could you please post your /etc/samba/smb.conf file? It may not contain
enough information but at least it should be a good starting point. I will
ask you more questions if needed.
You may skip any lines that begin with # because they are just comments.

Kind regards,
Amedee Van Gasse