thanks fedora

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Tue Sep 28 20:30:44 UTC 2010

Hello Ioannis,

Monday, September 27, 2010, 7:54:23 PM, Ioannis wrote:

IV> On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 19:34 -0700, rikona wrote:
>> Monday, September 27, 2010, 6:40:02 PM, Ioannis wrote:
>>
>> IV> I did not watch the discussion since the beginning, the way to
>> IV> unmount and power off a USB device in Ubuntu, is to right-click on
>> IV> its icon and select "Safely remove".
>>
>> UB newbie here... Took me a bit to discover that. I used to be able to
>> do that in konqueror, but that's one more thing I can't seem to do,
>> but used to be able to do, in nautilus...

IV> It works in Nautilus in Ubuntu 10.04.

I tried it again, and it does seem to work this time. I'm not sure
what the problem was before. In nautilus, I got a 'can't do it' msg.
Did some fiddling to see why not. Finally found an icon on the
desktop, right clicked on that and it did work. Perhaps something was
using it that got removed by the fiddling, and then it could be
removed. Anyway, nice to hear that it works.

Is there a way to get a copyable full path in nautilus? It has buttons
instead of a text line, but I find it handy to be able to copy/paste a
path. Perhaps I have missed that too...

Thanks for the correction.

--

 rikona