thanks fedora

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Sep 28 08:41:53 UTC 2010

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 15:47 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 09:30:55PM +0530, Tanmoy Chatterjee wrote:
> > > 5) From my 24th Sept. post - by /home I want to imply the icon of
> > > the PD appears in my /home/user1/Desktop - right clicking the
> > > icon and selecting unmout will make the icon disappears from
> > > /home......... but the light is still on - which is not the case
> > > in FEDORA+WINDOWS when I select "safely remove".
> > > 6) If you can solve my problem, solve it
> >
> > With no effort on your part?
> >
> > > - if you can't, then pass the
> > > baton to those who can.
>
> Or, just ignore you is the other option. Best not be pee'ing on
> peoples shoes while asking for free advice. Not in these parts. See
> what you started, Nils? He can follow you home, you buy him free
> beer and pizza AND fix his machine. I sure won't, and I'm usually a
> nice guy. :) Ric

Hehe, I sure wouldn't buy the free beer and pizza either. OTOH, I have
no problem answering a question of a newbie even if the answer can be
easily googled. But it sure would be better if there was some indication
what research has been done already because then there may be more
people inclined to not ignore the question. And as there was no such
indication in this case and I don't know the answer already, I'm also
not inclined to do a lot of time consuming research.

Nils