A Problematic "Solution"

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 04:15:54 UTC 2010

Attention all--

A hard drive seemed to be crapping out on me, so I acquired another hard
drive and set up a dual-boot system.  I had an openSUSE live disk lying
around, that was current (I don't have a current Ubuntu live disk), so I
installed it.  The problem is is that Firefox is seriously whacked.  I can
access my Gmail account (rather obviously), but now without issues, and I
have very serious issues when trying to interact with both the Firefox and
openSUSE websites.

The issue:  Not all text is being printed; even worse -- and this is very
much true for the Firefox and openSUSE websites -- a good many (nearly all,
in fact) of the links on the websites either show up as lines or not at all.
As a result, I'm unable to effectively interact with them and request advice
(no, I never joined any of their listserves).

I know that this isn't listserve isn't for openSUSE Firefox, but if anyone
has any ideas, then I'd be mighty obliged if they would be kind enough to
share them.

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)