Run-Level 1

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 03:02:06 UTC 2010

On 28 September 2010 03:18, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
> Hello Liam,
>
> Monday, September 27, 2010, 5:51:56 PM, Liam wrote:
>
> LP> if some nutter came to me now with a need for a multitasking DOS
> LP> box, I'd give them Ubuntu with a bunch of DOSEmu instances. That
> LP> seems to work pretty well. I run MS Word 6 under it - it's really
> LP> rather nice.
>
> Now that is very interesting. Do you know if word6 has the good
> outliner as part of it? I've been looking for a good outliner in
> linux, but have not found one as good as the M$ one.

Hmmm. Good question!

Word 5.5 for DOS is a freeware download from MICROS~1. Don't know if
it has the outliner, but you could legally try it, no strings
attached.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/word97win/Wd55_be/97/WIN98/EN-US/Wd55_ben.exe

I don't /think/ the DOS versions of Word have the outliner. But then,
I don't use it much. In the '80s I loved outliners, but it's a
software category that's just Gone Away. I find the MS Word one clunky
& uncooperative, so I don't use it much. I miss tools like PC-Outline,
or MORE on classic MacOS.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com