thanks fedora

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:54:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 21:30 +0530, Tanmoy Chatterjee wrote:
> Sorry for being late to reply. Few questions have been raised - I will
> answer them one by one.
> 1) From my first post in this thread (20 sept) - I presume you will
> know that I am not an expert in computers - to tell you the truth I am
> not even a computer student - computer is a pass time to me and not
> for long too.
> 2) About my remarks on Ubuntu and Fedora - its just an user level
> comments - I don't know who are those experts are who have taken it
> seriously.
> 3) To Ric Moore: as far as I know Cannonical's sole objective of
> building "ubuntu" is not a Philanthropic one only - they are here to
> do business - to take on the "windows".
> Do you think discouraging end user like us is going to help them
> achieve that target in PC market?

My comment to you, which seems to brindle your pride, is that it made no
sense to complain about a version of Ubuntu two versions old comparing
it to the latest Fedora version. So I wrote that you should install the
latest version of Ubuntu before you complain about a weird specialty
hardware problem, ~especially if you are a newbie~. Especially when the
vast majority of us have moved on to Lucid, at least. It is the LTS
version, ergo hopefully more solid for the long haul. And, your problem
just might magically go away. Since you could get your hands on the
latest version of Fedora, is there some obstacle in your path that keeps
you from installing Lucid? If so, please tell.

What is your problem with that?? How does that discourage you? Are you
THAT sensitive? I think my suggestion was most reasonable, especially
after you ignored the more technical advice offered to you. I figured
you could handle simple and go from there. But, if you want the list to
hold hands in a circle and sing Kum-by-yah around your computer, take a
hint, ...it's not likely to happen.

No one gets paid here. Ask a question, get an answer. Ignore answer...
you get the picture. Mainly we're here to enjoy helping out. That ~is~
the "Philanthropic" part. Canonical has zero to do with it, as far as
what we post in response to YOUR problems. If you refuse to take the
advice offered, it's no victory for Windows nor a defeat for Ubuntu.
Meanwhile, your "PD" is probably still blinking. It's on your end to
make it easier for the rest of us to assist you.

Now, I suggest you wipe that partition clean and install Lucid Ubuntu
fresh. Then see if the problem persists. Do that first. There is no
greater kindness I can offer you, other than that advice. Bitch about
it, and you'll be on my very small ignore list. EOT, Ric

Linux user# 44256