wireless broadcom stopped working in lucid

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Mon Sep 27 21:18:50 UTC 2010

user1 wrote:
>> Thanks, that fixed it :-)
>
> .. for a while, now it has stopped working again.
>
> My ethernet cable connection works just fine?

user1,
I recently had a lot of problems with a Broadcom 4306 card (see
  my mail of 25-09 and the responses). Noop remarked that in Lucid wicd
when installed does not remove network manager and when you have both
running you can get problems.
Since I solved the problems with installing the driver, I have had no
problems and I'm running wireless only.
You can also test by installing wifi radar and see what access points
are shown. You should at least see your own access point.
Joep