[OT?] How to create a Live USB Windows XP

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Mon Sep 27 15:47:37 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I know it's kinda off-topic, so please do not flame right away!

This is the scenario:

I have an Asus EeePC 1000HE Netbook running Ubuntu Lucid UNE. This Netbook
is capable of booting from the internal SD card reader. I have a brand new
2GB SD I'd like to use as bootable Live WinXP - for those remote cases I
need Windows, i.e.: Upgrading my Nokia N97 and Nokia E71 firmwares using
the proprietary Nokia Software Update (NSU). I would like to avoid the
re-partitioning of the internal HDD and dual booting to Windows....

I was Googling for a suitable HOWTO, but all I could find was guides for
doing this under Windows XP / Vista / 7. I don't have access to those -that
is all the point of the exercise...

Can someone direct me to a resource that explains how to do it under
Ubuntu?

I have the WinXP ISO, the SD card and Ubuntu Lucid on my Netbook and Desktop
computers.

Thanks!

Amichai Rotman