Media-oriented file browser

Vaibhav Dalvi vaibhav.dlv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 06:19:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Christopher Chan <
christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

> On Monday, September 27, 2010 06:40 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Are there any media-oriented file browsers for Linux? Something that
> > include previews for audio and video clips, for instance.
> >

> I thought that was possible with konqueror?

What do you mean by preview? Nautilus shows you thumbnails for Pics/Videos.
And if you hold your mouse over an audio clip for couple of seconds it even
starts playing them. I believe that much should be more than enough. If
you're talking about stuff like media Information/Codec's used etc then that
should come via a plugin.

--
Regards,
Vaibhav Dalvi