WTF?! NO floppy in Lucid or in Meerkat! -- PROGRESS REPORT

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 04:27:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 11:44 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> > p/s I'm eye-balling a floppy drive in Mom's Machine, the old P-II of
> > her's that I resurrected. I'm going to install it to "Iam" and try out
> > your resolution, just for the plain helluvit. Your quest has edified me
> > and has been pure entertainment.
>
> and I thought you were adverse to inflicting pain on yourself.
>
> What are you going to put on it? Hardy?

Iam is my God Machine. The Big 64bit Kahlua. Not Mom's Machine, which I
turn on every so often to run Caldera installed on it. Works good! It's
really pitiful to see Netscape try to update itself though, it's the
computer equivalent of falling face first into the oatmeal. So, I turn
it off and let it just sleep. That way it won't miss the floppy. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256