ubuntu 10.04 and b43-fwcutter

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 26 22:19:12 UTC 2010

On 09/26/2010 02:49 PM, Joep L. Blom wrote:
> Tom,
> Thanks for all the help. The problem is that in the logs no errors were
> seen and the wicd log was empty. I assume that network manager is active
> (as wicd will not run). Iwconfig shows now the wlan0 and wifi radar
> shows all access-points in the vicinity. and as I wrote in another mail
> I had mistakenly chosen b43legacy instead of b43.
> Thanks again for the support.
> Joep

For some reason in Lucid wicd & NM are loaded together & can conflict
with each other (i.e., installing wicd no longer unloads NM &
vice-versa). My advise would be to remove which ever one you are not
using. As an added note: in the past I've always used wicd (and still
use it on this system) but on my laptop I've uninstalled it and use only
NM.