WTF?! NO floppy in Lucid or in Meerkat!

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 25 05:53:28 UTC 2010

On 25/09/2010 14:24, NoOp wrote:
> On 09/24/2010 08:05 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> This response being written on Maverick Meerkat (Beta #1) which was
>> upgraded to latest "stuff" only 1/2 hour ago.
>>
>> What you suggest above works on Lucid 10.04.1 - but I have to admit that
>> I don't know if it is the above which is doing it or the fact that I
>> downgraded to udisks1.0.1build1 late last night. In other words, the
>> 'test bed' has been 'contaminated' and the playing field has been changed.
>>
>> However, I am now in Maverick and the above does *NOT* work. And in
>> Maverick it doesn't appear to be a way of downgrading udisks to what
>> NoOp suggests in that bug report. I guess there must be a way but I
>> don't know what it is and don't have the expertise to fool around with
>> apt-get's various options.
>>
> Short answer as I'm off working sailing races at the moment:

Many thanks, NoOp.

Ah, the smell of the sea, the wind in the sails, the sea spray wafting
over you, the sound of the waves slapping against the hull.....

Enjoy! Enjoy.

That's how I met my wife. A friend asked if I would like to make a doco
with him (shot on 16mm film - no, not him, the film) about Sydney's life
style. The star of the doco was to be my future wife - but I didn't know
that at that time. The story was to start aboard a yacht sailing in
Sydney Harbour...... The rest is history......... :-) .

I'll do all this later today or early tomorrow.

Thanks again.

BC

--
I didn't know it was impossible when I did it.