initramfs solution for Lucid

Bill Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 24 02:29:36 UTC 2010

*
I have tried a number of published solutions and have even published one
that worked for over a week. The following, of course, is from the
Terminal after a successful boot but it has been the solution on several
units. On my AMD triple core Phenom the #chroot /proc accomplished
nothing but neither did it hurt. For those of you that are newbies, cut
and paste one line at a time to your Terminal and you'll not get into
trouble. Just refrain from remembering the sudo su command, it'll keep
you from a mistake until you know why.

sudo su

#mkdir /mnt/sda1
#mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1