thanks fedora

Angus MacGyver macgyver at calibre-solutions.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 07:35:02 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 22:49 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:43:32PM -0400, Tom H wrote:
> >
> > Even though I think that it is a silly change, I am curious: in what
> > way is changing "unmount" to "safely remove drive" not a cosmetic
> > change?
>
> Maybe I wasn't clear. I didn't mean to imply that it *wasn't* a cosmetic
> change. It certainly is. Sorry.

It is a functional change...

unmount = umount *ONLY* that partition

safely remove drive = umount *ALL* partitions on that device (if they
can be - otherwise it warns) and signal USB port to disconnect the power
(drives spin down now, they didn't before)

big difference. (see my other mail as to why it is for me)

(just tested and confirmed this on a 9.10 versus a 10.04)

--
AM