Lost menus

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 21 14:01:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 23:45:04 +1000
Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> and
>
> rm -rf gnome gnome2 gconf gconfd

Er. I am guessing you mean '~/.(gnome|gnome2|gconf|gconfd)' (although
'~/.gnome' should not even exist on a recent enough version).

The OP should understand that a *lot* of settings you be lost, in
fact, pretty much all of Gnome. Really, this is the last option to be
taken.

> which should bring back the panels to their original state and you
> will have to populate/adjust them to what you had in them before.

One can also try running 'gnome-panel --replace &'

Cheers,

--
C de-Avillez
IRC: hggdh

This email (and any attachments) is digitally signed using GNUpg
(http://gnupg.org). The public key is available at http://pgp.mit.edu.
The key Id is 0xD3133E56.