Just about driven to pull my hair out with Firefox

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 02:28:18 UTC 2010

> Then why didn't to you come back and report that in the original thread:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/220005

Probably because I assumed nobody would read a 4 month old thread in which I
had already said the problem was solved (though it remanifested). My
apologies for the oversight and wasting the lists time with a double post.

> Have you tested with other browsers (yes there are others) to see if the
> problem exists in those as well?

Yes, I am aware that there are other browsers and I've tried a few others
with the same result (which I said in my previous reply in this thread).
That's why I'd finally accepted it as an IPv6 issue since it was present in
multiple browsers and not just in Firefox.

> Posting "Firefox simply stalling on random websites" does nothing.
> Unless you can point someone to a URL that fails, provide details of
> your FF extensions, tell us what launchpad bugs you've checked and
> suspect, etc., etc., you'll be better off here:
> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/
> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Other+Firefox+support

Well, the problem is that Firefox was stalling on *random* sites at *random*
times so providing a URL to a site would be kind of pointless. For example,
it stalled on Facebook a few times, then loaded it fine. It stalled on GMail
a few times with intermittent successes between the fails. It stalled on
Slashdot. As I think I said in my post last night, there wasn't any rhyme or
reason to the stalls and they were completely random.

As to checking out Launchpad, I did and I also spent quite a bit of time
with all of our best friend Google. Everything points to 'it's an IPv6
problem' and I took it as such. But implementing the widely recommended fix
didn't actually fix it and I reached a dead end so I came here.  I didn't go
to the Mozilla support center which was my mistake.  Again, my apologies for
offending the list.

Thank you all for your time. It's appreciated.  Now. I'll go do more
research and hopefully find a solution. If not, well, that could mean the
end of Ubuntu for me since NO browser seems to work. Shame too as I really
love the OS.

Anthony