ls is getting killed

Tanmoy Chatterjee tachchot007 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 15:15:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 3:33 AM, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
>  On 09/19/2010 11:43 AM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Nils Kassube<kassube at gmx.net>  wrote:
>>> Just another wild guess: Could it be that the partition with your /home
>>> directory doesn't have any space left?
>> Well I had just installed the OS so this possibility I do not seem correct.
>> Before this error occurred I had removed office and many other
>> packages (from synaptics)
>> which exist in many normal home users.
>> The  worst case for me will be to re install complete OS.
>> I just logged in via Ctrl+Alt+F1
>> and using cfdisk to check if the partition is filled up I got following error
>>
>> "FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partition 1: Partition ends in the final
>> partial cylind
>> Press any key to exit cfdisk "
Once due to loose power cable my desktop gets halted accidentally and
starting it, shows some error message and it can't boot the system. I
use the Ubuntu Live-cd and use the gparted partition editor to check
and repair the hard disk/partition. After it completes the operation I
restart the computer and usually log in to my ubuntu system.