thanks fedora

Tanmoy Chatterjee tachchot007 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 14:39:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM, "Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣
of Singapore" <space.time.universe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using my Fedora 11 x86_64 system as a HTPC (Home Theater PC). I can
> watch DVD Videos, playback video and audio files, surf the World Wide
> Web, access emails, run SETI at home, watch Singapore's Mediacorp
> Television (TV) channels using MythTV and Hauppage WinTV-PVR USB2,
> record TV programs, connect a Firewire-based digital video camera to
> capture and render videos using the open source kdenlive non-linear
> video editor, chat on the Windows Live Messenger network and IRC, watch
> Youtube videos, burn data to DVD+R/DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+RAM/CD-R/CD-RW using
> k3b, play Windows-based PC games with Wine and Steam, experiment with
> VGA passthrough using the open source Xen virtualization, scan documents
> with my USB scanner, run Linux, UNIX and Windows virtual machines using
> Xen, Oracle VM VirtualBox, and VMware Player/Workstation (Evaluation
> expired), perform word processing tasks with Sun/Oracle OpenOffice, read
> PDF documents, and much more...
>
> Linux has come a long way.
>
> --
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 Dip(Mechatronics)
> BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)
> Citizenship: Singapore Citizen/Singaporean
> Alma Maters:
> [1] Singapore Polytechnic (Graduated 1998)
> [2] National University of Singapore (Graduated 2006)
> Facebook account: Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
> Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000750083982
> Facebook photos:
> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000750083982#!/profile.php?id=100000750083982&v=photos
> Facebook videos:
> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000750083982&v=app_2392950137
> Mobile Phone (Starhub pre-paid): +65-8369-2618
> Windows Live Messenger: teoenming-at-hotmail.com
> Location: Bedok Reservoir Road, Singapore
> ZIP: 470103
> My Open Letter (Plea for Medical Help/Assistance) to World Leaders
> (Updated 28 August 2010):-
> http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/mpich-discuss/2010-August/007811.html
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-August/295952.html
> http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/msg_f6a341d9623fda17880159b137c07335.xml
> Photo of Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 of Singapore:
> http://i53.tinypic.com/207tamp.jpg
>

> On 09/20/2010 02:44 AM, zico banerjee wrote:
>> guys i installed the vlc music player in my fedora13. and now while
>> hearing to it i cant belive in my ears that i am listening music in a
>> linux operating system. even i cant belive it just an week ago. but
>> after using fedora13 i can do it.......its too good........and user
>> friendly too......
>> so i just want  to thank u guys for helping me whenevr i got stuck and
>> fedora team for giving us such a powerfull but user friendly operating
>> system.........

For me using computer in home comes with 2 options - either use it
with a pirated copy of Windows XP or use linux instead. In the
beginning I choose the first option and plagued with Million types of
VIRUSES and monthly formatting of hard disk. Last year I have decided
to use HAMMER to get rid of VIRUSES and before doing so I thought give
linux a try ( about which all my friends and else have told me that
only computer scientists can run a linux and not an end user like me -
primarily because linux only comes with CLI and not with a Graphical
User Interface and I have to take a certificate course to learn those
"COMMANDS").
Then I myself Installed UBUNTU 9.04 using a MOUSE and rather getting
rid of viruses, I actually get rid of the Windows partition itself.
Since then I am using linux in my PC WITHOUT any " NOT SO USERS
FRIENDLY" problems (Actually, I don't realise what all these fuss
about "USERS FRIENDLINESS" are).

This August I have installed Fdora 13 and really likes it with its
various security tools and the command line software install package -
YUM and one of its plug-ins PRESTO( which reduced the size of
downloadable software considerably). I am still exploring Fedora
13(More true Linux than Ubuntu???) and I'm lovin it.
Fedora13 rocks.