Mounting Droid Incredible

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Sun Sep 19 13:32:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 12:06 AM, Tim H. <bizdev at pwnspeak.com> wrote:

> > Is anybody having any luck mounting a 2.2 android device with Ubuntu?
> > This worked fine for me with 2.1 and I could easily drag music ,etc on
> > to the device. But 2.2 is not working at all. With 2.1, I'd get 2
> > separate mounts that were autodetected. I could access images, music,
> > etc. I now get one mount with a couple of useless directories (for my
> > purposes).  I have tried this on 9.10 and 10.04 with similar results.
> >

> I had similar issues with my rooted Eris, however I am yet to upgrade to
> Froyo at the moment.
>
> I found that the first attempted mount magically would display more
> mount points.  Then I would mount the newly showing point.  For example:
>
>        ls /dev/sdc* and there is only sdc
> mount /dev/sdc /eris
>        ...fails, but now ls /dev/sdc* shows sdc and sdc1
> mount /dev/sdc1 /eris
>        ...works
>
> Have you checked the file listing for each of the sd* devices pre and
> post mount attempts?

I hadn't previously tried that, but now have. No difference whatsoever. I've
also tried plugging into an Apple Macbook, which also worked previously, and
now doesn't. So maybe there is some switch that needs to be flipped that I
haven't found. I can live without the Macbook, but really would like to get
to it from linux. Thx.

--
Hal