every so often, i get weird cursor focus problems

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 16:40:19 UTC 2010

Robert P. J. Day said the following on 09/17/2010 01:48 PM:

>    occasionally, i've run into the problem where my entire desktop
> enters some strange state where i can't activate a window by simply
> clicking on it, i can't switch virtual desktops, and a bunch of other
> oddities that seem related to mouse focus of some kind.  in fact, it's
> happening right now.  any suggestions?
>
>    ubuntu pre-maverick.

I've had something similar happen on lucid.  What I concluded is that it
was a popup window (in my case shutdown selector) that demanded focus
but had opened below other windows.  So, I could not  see it and there
was no flashing in the taskbar like  you see on some windows needing
focus.  Next time try checking each window to see if it's stealing focus
somehow.