IRREGARDLESS

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 05:02:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Michael <mmorse757 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/14/2010 10:55 PM, Tom H wrote:

>>> Irregardless of whether it has anything to do with Ubuntu or not, if you
>>> don't like the thread, kill it.  ;)
>>>
>> What nonsense! This is not a question of killing a thread or not. It
>> is a question of respecting the list's intent and respecting the other
>> list members.

> I do not disagree with you Tom.  But it seems to me that you and some
> others on this list a spending an inordinate amount of time
> (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/inordinate) on such drival.

I generally don't get involved in non-technical technical threads but
if I wanted to receive silly discussions about non-existent words, I'd
subscribe to some language and grammar list.

> In the past, I have not only added instigators (trolls) to my kill file, but
> also those who respond to the trolls. In my over inflated sense of my
> own opinion, those who don't have sense enough to not respond are just
> as bad, if not worse than the trolls themselves!

I agree and I wish that I hadn't gotten involved in this thread but
sometimes you have to object to the pollution that's being pushed into
your inbox... I have a few people in my kill file but if I added all
who participate in OT threads, I'd have to add, for example,
Christopher Chan, who posted earlier and I wouldn't want to do that.

I would have liked for the list "administrators", whom I cc'd earlier,
to post some kind of reminder to stick to the list rules the way that
Myriam does on kubuntu-users. :(