every so often, i get weird cursor focus problems

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 18:18:31 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 14:09, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>  i had to eventually power cycle the last few times but today,
> magically, things went back to working properly.  no idea if it was
> anything i did.

I've had this happen a few times... its like the UI just locks up... I
re-enabled CTRL-ALT-BKSP and just kill X (you can also switch to a
terminal and do it manually)...

I've not had it happen as often as it used to, but it still does
happen on occasion, and just killing X (ctrl-alt-bksp kills/restarts
and brings you back to GDM) is all I need. No reboot necessary.