voltage

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Fri Sep 17 06:31:56 UTC 2010

On 9/17/2010 1:39 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
/snip/
>> Hence the part about the battery in the thing. Or maybe I am not using
>> it properly. One day I am going to get zapped.
>
> Heh, I got hit daily with 220, and I'm OK. :) Ric
> <ZOT!>

This, unfortunately, is not funny.  My best man was killed in his house
by 115 VAC.  He was standing barefoot on a heat-vent, and changing a
record or something on his hi-fi system.  Apparently there was a hot
chassis in the hi-fi system.  When he did not report for work at his
father's shop, the father went to the house and found him, far too late.
He left a wife and a little boy about two. RIP, Ron.

--doug
--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.
  --A.M. Greeley