typing pie from keyboard in vi

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Sep 16 07:51:55 UTC 2010

On 9/16/2010 3:28 AM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> Is there a way I can type the mathematical symbol pie from my keyboard.
> Recently one of the professional  networking website where I was logging in
> asked me to enter CAPTCHA and in their security verification  image
> they had given pie to be entered.
> I do not use Windows to use any type of virtual keyboard.
> Where in my US English keyboard I can do that.

How can anyone reading their website enter pi (correct spelling) if
you can't even find it yourself?  However, you can find it in Unicode

Unicode Character 'GREEK SMALL LETTER PI' (U+03C0)

or, I think, U+03A0, for the capital letter, if I read the chart correctly.

Dig into the Unicode stuff in Google.  It's confusing.
--doug
--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.
  --A.M. Greeley