Problems with my network dropping in and out...

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 15 16:40:03 UTC 2010

On 09/15/2010 07:03 AM, Larry Shields wrote:
> *Hi every one,
>
> I have been have a problem with my wireless connection here, using the
> SMCWUSB-N2 adapter...I have tried to configure ndiswrapper, using the
> windows driver that cam on the cd, but it still is giving me a hard
> time, that is I end up having to unplug the wireless router for a full
> min or two, plug it back in, then remover the wireless adapter, then
> plug it back in...It does connect, but it drops out and is searching
> again to try to make the connect...
>
> I have NM app also, I am wondering if that should be removed, for maybe
> there is a conflict between the two...???
>
> Maybe someone else here is using the same wireless adapter and can help
> me configure it correctly so it will stop the problem of dropping out...???

Perhaps use wicd instead (remove ndiswrapper & NM) as suggested last
month whe you posted about this problem:
<http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?26,124831,125187,quote=1>

Others:

<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/ubuntu-driver-for-smcwusb-n2-wifi-adapter-not-working-alternatives-821284/>