Does this system work optimal on Ubuntu?

Wouter van Vliet wouter.van.vliet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 11:41:38 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I'm looking into buying a new computer, and as much as I know about certain
aspects of the whole computing world, I haven't really been keeping myself
updated on which hardware is good and in particular what works good together
with Ubuntu.

What I've put together is the following:

CPU:AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz AM3Mainboard:ASUS M4A785T-M DDR3 AM3 S-940
RAM:4GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9 Geil (2x2GB)Grafikkort:1024MB ASUS GeF GT220 G DI
DDR2 PCI-EHarddisk:750GB Samsung 7200rpm 32MB SATA2Harddisk SSD:40GB Intel
X25-V SSD SATA 2.5 RetailKabinet:Cooler Master Elite 310 Orange/Sort u/PSU
Strømforsyning:500W Inter-Tech SL-500 120mmCPU Køler:Arctic Cooling Alpine
64 GT S-939/940Silent Kit:Silent opgradering Step 1 25dBDVD Drev:48x16x
Lite-On DVD Sort PATANetkort Trådløst:Linksys Wireless 300Mbps
PCIKortlæser:All-in-1
Intern kortlæser sort

The store where I'm planning to order from has a neat component-select
system, so here's a link to the system as well:
http://fcomputer.dk/?show=system_show&systemlinkid=95372

The main things are in the first few lines I guess, CPU, Mainboard and
Graphical card. So, if anybody has any bid on how to make this system better
- very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Wouter