Lucid Bluetooth Headset

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 06:30:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:15 AM, drew einhorn <drew.einhorn at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'd like to get a bluetooth headset working with a music player and google
> voice.
>
> So far I have not been successfull

Oops.  Some how this message escaped before I was anywhere near finished
writing.

I have a Plantronics Backbeat 903 headset.
A cheap generic usb dongle.  (Could be the problem, but I'd like to be sure
before
buying a more expensive one).

There are lots of bluetooth packages I'm not at all certain I have the right
packages
installed.

here's the output from:  dpkg -l | grep blu

ii  blueman                               1.21-2ubuntu1
              A Graphical bluetooth manager
ii  bluetooth                             4.60-0ubuntu8
              Bluetooth support
ii  bluez                                 4.60-0ubuntu8
              Bluetooth tools and daemons
ii  bluez-alsa                            4.60-0ubuntu8
              Bluetooth audio support
ii  bluez-cups                            4.60-0ubuntu8
              Bluetooth printer driver for CUPS
ii  bluez-gstreamer                       4.60-0ubuntu8
              Bluetooth GStreamer support
ii  libbluetooth3                         4.60-0ubuntu8
              Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth sta
ii  libgnome-bluetooth7                   2.30.0-0ubuntu3
              GNOME Bluetooth tools - support library
ii  pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
1:0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu14 Bluetooth module for
PulseAudio sound server
ii  pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-dbg
1:0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu14 Bluetooth module for
PulseAudio sound server

Blueman often reports the device has been added but the connection failed.
Went to check the exact wording, and it succeeded for the first time.
But I don't see anything to hook up the audio in sound preferences.

--
Drew Einhorn

"You can see a lot by just looking."
  --  Yogi Berra