[Maverick] Terminal cache

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 13 23:20:54 UTC 2010

On 09/13/2010 04:02 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> I've both bash_history & bash_logout. Just as Marius, I see that
>> .bash_history is owned by root. chown set it right... thanks guys.
>
> My "clear_console" was silly; it just clears the screen. Should've
> asked about history deletion... :(
>
> I've just done two Mav VBox installs - live cd and alternate cd -
> without this ownership problem. What do you install after a plain
> vanilla Mav is up and running? (Files aren't chown'd out of the blue -
> unless Ubuntu is turning into OS X and we'll have to run a "fix
> permissions" script from time to time from now on!)

The problem machine is a simple test install, but it did use Mav Alpha
initially, so maybe it was an earlier issue that I just didn't notice
until recently. The only thing that was added was acroread and nvidia-96
& nvidia-settings (I was trying to test nvidia-96 - doesn't work). So
I'm unsure how/why the bash_history got set to root.

I've a Mav Beta on another machine, again for testing, and that one
doesn't have the permission issue. However, on that machine I upgraded
it from a vanilla/test 10.04.