Any suggestions, please? -UPDATE - BUT JOY

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 08:57:47 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:39, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

>> All you peoples who do refurbishments and such, what is your gut
>> feeling, based on experience, as to what could be wrong? :-) .
>>

> Sounds like a fried BIOS maybe? Does this Gigabyte board of yours come
> with dual BIOS chips or something?

I agree with this. If it were memory at this point, you'd probably get
the morse-code beeps telling you such.

Are you sure that the PCspeaker is connected properly and operational?
Are you sure that the processor is properly seated in the motherboard?

When I've fried the BIOS during a bad update (Windows crash! ha!) a
reboot did nothing, nothing at all. It was a total brick. I think that
was an ASUS board, it was a while ago.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il