smart link modem

G. pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 19:58:31 UTC 2010

I am installing Lucid on a Toshiba Tecra.  I installed the hardware
drivers and still no wireless.  The hardware driver window says it
needs a kernel, either an alsa shipped with kernel 2.6.4 or newer.
This machine that I just updated shows   2.6 32. 24 so is that older
or newer than 2.6.4?

Basic question but I am a basic user except I am the most advanced
user where I am, in the middle of the mountains of Panama and people
are coming to me for Ubuntu installs.

If I have the right kernel, then I found an older wiki and other fixes
but for older versions of ubuntu.

Appreciate any help.

gary