Any suggestions, please?

Li Li lili_lilly at charter.net
Thu Sep 9 19:40:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 20:23 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> On 9 September 2010 17:57, Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard at mindspring.com> wrote:
> >>
> > Everyone seems to be missing two things:
> >
> > 1.  His monitor doesn't show /anything/
> > 2.  There is/are no POST code beep(s)
> >
> > I still want to hear what the CMOS battery replacement does.
>
> My experience of a flat CMOS battery is that the BIOS starts up and
> says that it is reverting to defaults and waits for input.  Not that
> nothing happens at all.

+1.  Dollars to dim sum that it's the power supply.  First thing to look
at when no lights are flashing anywhere.  Maybe even more in Oz where
they have 250 volt mains.  (But really neat attachment caps and power
points!).  My experience in places like that was that PSUs died more
often than in the lower voltage, higher amperage countries.

Anecdote, not data of course.

--
Lilly
godbless --everyone --no-exceptions