Samba frustrations

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Sep 9 14:29:19 UTC 2010

> Also, to the other replies, I don't think this is a problem with win7 vs
> earlier versions since I can't see the server from other lucid boxes either.

And those Lucid boxes share the same unencrypted passwords smb.conf too
do they now? Even when you get your connectivity problem solved, Windows
7 will not talk to Samba without encryption. Period. Unless you tweak
the registry (not sure that that is possible in Windows 7), Windows 7 is
not talking to any smb/cifs host that does not use encryption.