[Fixed: Ubuntu 10.04 Shutdown]

C. F. Howlett seattlechaz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 01:40:33 UTC 2010

Sorry Ms. Wilcox:

Left out a critical instruction.  Fixed below.

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 18:40:20 -0500
> From: Nora Wilcox <nbwilcox at gmail.com>
> Subject: Ubuntu 10.4 Shutdown
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> When you click to shutdown Ubuntu, is there a way to not have the dialog box
> appear every time asking if you really want to shutdown?
>
> I have searched, but could not find any place to change this preference.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Nora
> -------------- next part --------------

Go to Applications > Accessories > Terminal
Type  gconf-editor
Click on apps
Click gnome-session
Click on options
Make the the logout_prompt option is unticked, i.e. NO CHECKMARK
Exit gconf-editor
Type pkill gnome-panel

After the panel resets, Shutdown should proceed immediately without
giving any options.