Ping: "TheZorch"

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 01:32:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 08:55 AM, Nolan Cooper wrote:
>> +1 Zorch
>>
>> I have thought many, many times if the ones on this list would talk to or about their own
>> fathers or mothers in the way they do Karl.  NO!
>>
>> I do have empathy for the ones suppling the quality help on this list, as Karl has many
>> wrong answers.
>>
>> My problem is that I cannot make my mind up as to whether Karl has problems because of his
>> advancing age, or truly is a "troll". I suspect it is both.
>>
>> Therefore would it not be the kind thing to do, to just correct the *misinformation* and
>> let it go at that. In other words, no attacks against the individual who makes the wrong
>> statement. In any shape or form?
>>
>> That is what a professional does, is it not, that is 'DoTheRightThing', after all that is
>> what makes one a *professional*.
>>
>> That said, if Karl's problems stem from advancing age, then 40 lashes minus 1 for me for
>> having a _little_ bit of fun in my two prior post. And I mean that Karl.
>
> I doubt it. He is not senile at all if you ask me. We are helping keep
> his wits and not letting his brain rot to vegetable state. Is there a
> problem when certain ones of us don't feel appreciated for our efforts
> in keeping his mind active?

My uncle used to be a very nice man.  When I was younger he looked
exactly like Alice Cooper, minutes the face tattoos, and thought that
was pretty cool.  He's gotten senile now and my aunt is afraid of him
because he's turned pretty mean.  My uncle's driven off a lot of the
family due to his behavior, but its not his fault his mind is going.
It'll happen to the best of us when we get that old, or we'll get
lucky and evolve to a higher plane of existence when December 21st,
2010 comes along.

Hey, you never know. ;-)

Assuming Karl is old, its pretty neat that an old guy is using Linux.
A friend of mine believes adamantly that Seniors won't be able to
understand Ubuntu especially if they've been using Windows.  He's a
former Windows User turned Mac User, BTW.  But, he's slowly coming
around though as he discovers his knowledge of Linux is woefully
out-of-date.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts