Help with resolution settings

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 12:41:39 UTC 2010

On 09/07/2010 01:52 AM, Vic Main wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I need some help with the resolution settings and how to change them.
> I have a *NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X card, *when I downloaded
> the suggested driver and activated it,
>  I could change the shadow on the mouse pointer, but my choices for
> resolution were 320x240 and 640x480. Not very useful!!!
>
> The generic Ubuntu driver gives me a choice of 640x480, 800x600, and
> 1024,x768. I would like to have a resolution of 1280x1024 if possible.
>
> That's the resolution I'm running on the same monitor with windows.
>
> The monitor is a Daytek LCD 19", but haven't got the model, have to
> dig around for that.
>
> Any answers most appreciated
>
> *Vic
> *

     Hi Vic, you need to learn which Ubuntu version your using. I assume
it is 10.04 but you don't say.

Since you know the video card, you should be able to find the exact
driver software for your system. Try going to the NVIDIA web page and
look for the driver for a MX440 card.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI