Unable to mount USB drives - Not authorized

Mahesha Hiremath mahesha.mech at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 12:20:48 UTC 2010

Hi Frank,
  I had something similar with openSUSE. I couldn't mount any external
devices or still worse I couldn't even access the home directory. I'm not
sure why that happened. That problem was solved when one of my friend did
complete update of all packages on my system.
 But I can feel the irony here, as your problem seems to have caused by
updating. difference may be you've updated only some part.... May be someone
has better idea,
Can you once try update manager, in the System>administration?

hope this helps..

Mahesha

P.S. when hard disk went inaccessible, i used one simple idea... I created a
"Short cut" using launchers to the directories i used most frequently on the
desktop... and also, i could access the drives in command prompt, so copied
the files to directory for which i had created the "short cut".. :)