Query Regarding Fedora and Ubuntu Dual Boot & Linux Distro

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 09:05:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 07:27 +0530, Arpan Patel wrote:
> Well I have resolved the first issue. . . .solution is Fedora and
> Ubuntu can't work together means you cannot dual boot them.

One of your Linux distros should be 'hosting' GRUB.  I.e the first stage
of GRUB in the master boot sector points to where it finds the rest of
GRUB. As far as I know, Ubuntu will defer to whichever Linux distro is
installed first as the one that is managing GRUB. But as a Windows OS
does not know about GRUB, you MUST install that first.

Tony