grub not showing ubuntu partition

Tanmoy Chatterjee tachchot007 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 18:04:43 UTC 2010

Hello Everybody,
Recently I have installed Fedora 13 in my desktop, along side previously
installed Ubuntu 9.04.
PROBLEM:
1) After installing Fedora, rebooting the system does not come up with usual
grub list of OS's and I can't log into ubuntu. I can only log into fedora
though I can find the ubuntu partition and even browse my files there.

Possible Cause:
1) At the time of fedora installation there was a step where the
installation program asked to select/deselect
INSTALL BOOTLOADER ON dev/sda and come up with an edit/add option in boot
loader operating system list.
2) As an end user I prefer the default option for the installation which in
this step assumes there is no other OS in the system.

I have gone through the fedora installation guide where some command line
solutions have been suggested.
Can anybody suggest some other solution for a novice like me?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion