installation question- RESOLVED (probably)

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 04:38:34 UTC 2010

Hi Gary

On Sunday 05 September 2010 12:40:04 G. wrote:
> I used WIndows to partition the C drive, as it was more clear to me
> what partition I was working on.  I eliminated the partition
> containing the HP recovery files after copying them to the C drive.
> They Lucid installed side by side.
>
> I say probably resolved since I can not be certain that so doing does
> not violated the HP warranty, although I could not find anything that
> said that so doing would.
>
> gary

That recovery partion is instead of an install cd/dvd for windows. I have 2
systems like that myself. If you moved it, it prob will void the warranty.
Don't quote me on that tho. You may also find you now can't boot the windows
recovery partition. I believe you can ask HP to send out the install disk for
your system. I for one have never been happy with the recovery partion to fix
the system. Aint no good if the hdd packs it in and then you're up not only
for a new hdd but a new copy of windows :(

Anyways. Can you now boot both windows and ubuntu?

James