Odd problem with terminal

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Sat Sep 4 21:21:07 UTC 2010

On 4 September 2010 22:12, Karl Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>         I tried your idea without the sudo. Here is what it did:
> karl at Lucid:~$ cd /media
> karl at Lucid:/media$ ls
> 4083-B092
> karl at Lucid:/media$ rm -rf 4083-B092/*
Karl, as people told you, you cannot delete that directory entry
without unmounting it.

> karl at Lucid:/media$ ls
> 4083-B092
I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove to us apart from your disability.

>         So neither work for reasons unknown, I will now try to format
> the stick as ext4 and see what happens.
All of those worked by deleting the contents. Once you unmount the
media, you can delete the folder, if it is still there. Entries in
/media are automatically created, usually based on the label of the
mounted media.