Odd problem with terminal

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 20:23:44 UTC 2010

On 09/04/2010 02:08 PM, Chris MacDonald wrote:
> Those folders are created as mount points for the USB devices... if
> you're getting that error the drives are probably still mounted/in
> use. Check the output of `mount`.
>
> Chris
>
> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Karl Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>      I have several USB memory sticks with some just junk on them. I use
>> the proper bash calls to remove the junk but get this error message
>> every time:
>>
>> karl at Lucid:/media$ ls
>> 4083-B092
>> karl at Lucid:/media$ sudo rm -Rf 4083-B092/
>> rm: cannot remove directory `4083-B092': Device or resource busy
>> karl at Lucid:/media$
>>
>> I can't find out what the Device or resource busy error is, or where it
>> is coming from. I also have a hard drive which plugs into a USB port and
>> it too gives the same error message.
>>
>> What can I be doing wrong?
>>
>> 73 Karl
>>
>> --
>>
>>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>>         Linux User
>>         #450462   http://counter.li.org.
>>          Key ID = 3951B48D
>>

>> --

         Here is the mount call:

karl at Lucid:/media$ ls
4083-B092
karl at Lucid:/media$ mount 4083-B092/
mount: according to mtab, /dev/sdf1 is already mounted on /media/4083-B092
mount failed
karl at Lucid:/media$

     I tried umount and it does "safely remove the USB memory stick",
but fails to remove the stuff.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI