Cups printing question

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 20:56:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 14:56 -0500, Linda wrote:
> Does anyone know how you choose color vs black and white mode with Cups
> on the command line.
> I'm looking for something that would work with
> lpr -o command filename
>         Thanks
>           Lidna

To find out all the options supported for your printer:

lpoptions  -p YourPrinterName -l

Have a look at the man entry for lpoptions.  The * indicates the current
default options.  On its own lpoptions shows the defaults for your
printer.

Looking at the printer properties (System > Administration > Printing)
may help you work out what they all mean.

Hope that helps

Tony