hi

Parshwa Murdia ubuntu.bkn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 15:27:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:

You should always have a backup of anything important.  A disk may go
> up in smoke at any moment.  In particular when doing things like
> installing Ubuntu it is always possible to click the wrong button and
> overwrite your windows partition.  I forget exactly what the
> installation screen is like but *do not* say Install Side By Side with
> existing OS, instead you have to go to an advanced setup where you can
> explicitly say which partition you want to re-format and install
> Ubuntu on.  If in any doubt then ask for further help when you have
> seen exactly what are the options.

Okay, I would take first all the back of data and important bytes residing
in the CMOS of my CPU.

Ubuntu will install and run perfectly well in 10Gig by the way, though
> you will not have a huge amount of space for saving videos and so on.
> The OS itself is less than 5 I think.  So if you just want to try it
> you could shrink one of your existing partitions.

Cool, it would really be nice to learn and see the interactive Ubuntu, I am
first time coming into!
--
Regards,
Parshwa Murdia