[Resolved & Confirmed] Re: Alsa/Sound/ in 10.04 --> SOLVED

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 1 15:19:07 UTC 2010

On 05/05/2010 12:37 AM, zongo saiba wrote:
>> Internal Microphone not working anymore is confirmed. I guess I did not
>> see it because I am using an external cam logitech c600 with an internal
>> microphone that works nicely. When I take my Notebook with me, I have an
>> USB headset. As far as the drink, where I am, it'd a pint of guiness :)
>> Working on finding a solution for the internal Mic.
>
> Jack for Mic works nicely though. I think what I have noticed is that I
> do not have any options any more in gnome-alsamixer for the internal
> mic.

Zongo - Canonical have a new sound hardware guy on board: David
Henningsson. He took a look at my issues with the Connexant CX20583
(Pebble HSF) & this morning provided me with a patch that works!!
Speakers work, headphones work, internal mic works, external mic works!!

Have a look at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/587388
[0x103c360b Conexant CX20583 (Pebble HSF) Internal mic not functional]

Could be that the same patch may work with the CX20582 with some tweaking.

Gary

Note: I'm cc'ing you as I don't know if you are still subscribed to the
list.