Problem with Adobe flash

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 1 11:37:57 UTC 2010

On 01/09/2010 17:16, Colin Law wrote:
> On 1 September 2010 05:31, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:

>> Thanks for this, but the point is that Chrome is not in Synaptic - you
>> need to go thru the steps you just outlined in order to get it to appear
>> in Synaptic. Chromium is there, but not Chrome.
>>
> Just to clarify the above comment, nothing is *in* Synaptic.  Synaptic
> is a software tool for managing software from various repositories.
> Once the appropriate repository has been added then Chrome is
> available via Synaptic.  It is correct to say that Chrome is not in
> the default Ubuntu repositories.
>
> Colin

And neither is it in the Ubuntu Software Centre.

Let's just go back a few steps and see what I was responding to before
this thread takes on a life of its own:

> >  Ah, then he should ask the question in the google-related chrome mail
> >  list/forum?
> >
> >  Ubuntu installs Chromium and not Google Chrome, correct?
> >
> >  BC

No actually you can install Google chrome with the synaptic package
manager. I have it on several machines, That way you get automatic
updates. I actually installed it because Firefox was doing the same
thing with flash files as google chrome is doing for you.
Flash works fine for me, maybe if you do a reinstall of google chrome
and the plugins it will solve the problem.
           Linda

BC

--
Vulgar language is the linguistic crutch of inarticulate people.