Stylus's conflict

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 09:21:03 UTC 2010

Ubuntu 10.04 used to work fine on HP Compaq tc4400. On installing
"Interwrite Workspace" from
http://www.einstruction.com/support_downloads/downloads.html stylus
works up to login screen. After entering login detail, stylus stops
working.

I contacted company, and got suggestion to roll-back to 9.0 series.

Following was the response:

=======

... so the stylus on your SchoolPad works until after the login screen
of Ubunto? Ok it may have a driver conflict with the Ubunto drivers
for either Bluetooth or HID devices. We only support the 9.0 series of
Ubunto. As the drivers changed for the Bluetooth. I would suggest
rolling back the Bluetooth drivers on the machine. I would go back to
the 2008 calendar year for the drivers. I cannot support much further
after this.

========

However, if I could make it to work with Ubuntu 10.04, then that will
be great. Is there any way out to resolve the issue?

--
H.S.Rai