Newbie Question ... getting sources.

P Echo p.echo926 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:34:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:43 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette
<rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:

> My apologies if this is an FAQ... which it almost certainly is...
> but would someone (anyone?) be kind enough to take me by the hand
> and show me how to obtain sources for, e.g. a few of the "standard"
> utilities programs that live in, like, /usr/bin ?  You know, like
> "cat" and "man" and so forth.  (No, those actually _aren't_ the specific
> sources that I want to look at, but close enough.)

If you say what you are looking for and why, you'll get better
answers:  But you can find lots of source at:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/
Just drill down to whatever you might want.
 for example, the source for the bash shell is at:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/b/bash/bash_4.1.orig.tar.gz

Have a blast.