Unity Issues

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 03:14:44 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 05:27, Florian Dorpmueller
<dorpmueller at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just upgraded my Ubuntu Remix to 10.10 with the new Unity desktop. Now I
> am wondering that some users have different apps in their menu than others.
> How can this happen? Furthermore I am interested in launching self written
> bash-scripts from the menu. Is there a way to add them?

Hi Florian,

I don't know if you saw the other thread or the posts on the forums,
but the new interface and NBR are slow and don't work as well as the
previous 10.04 interface. It's recommended that you don't upgrade to
the 10.10 NBR on netbooks until a few issues have been sorted out, or
that you use the Ubuntu Desktop instead of NBR.

cheers
L.